An Introduction to Nitrile O Rings Explained by ‘Helix’ - One of the Reputed Nitrile O Rings Manufacturers
Nitrile is a common term among people working in the automobile, aerospace, or oil industries. It is a synthetic rubber made with the concoction of butadiene and acrylonitrile or ACN. Nitrile is a very favourable material when it comes to sealing products to withstand oil or grease as recognized by most of the top nitrile O rings manufacturers. The function of nitrile differs based on the formulation of ACN and acrylonitrile. For instance, if the ACN content is minimized, there will be limited glass transition temperature. On the other hand, a higher number of ACN content results in developed resistance to nonpolar solvents.
Benefits of Nitrile O Rings
Nitrile O rings have a wide range of applications and are used in diverse instances.
- Nitrile O rings are great helpers in hydraulic, pneumatic, and fuel systems.
- Nitrile O rings manufacturers are appreciative of the product because of its usage in elevated temperature zones like oil and gas industries, where most substances fail to stand. These rings are also adaptable to high-pressure environments as well.
- Nitrile O rings are abrasion and wear resistance that makes them appropriate for use in active oil seals for spinning and reciprocating shafts.
- Nitrile O rings are economical in nature. This is evident from the fact that it follows a plain process that enables cost reduction for customs displacement and complex moulds.
- The resistance is majorly noticed to petroleum jelly, gasoline, oils and fuels, silicone greases, hydraulic fluids, water and alcohol.
- Nitrile O rings comprise a lowered compression set.
- Nitrile O rings can also be compounded for meeting FDA standards.
To be precise, nitrile O rings can bear the temperature range of -40°F to +257°F, in which there are special compounds that range from -67°F to +275°F in the presence of dry heat only. Furthermore, carboxylated nitrile is stated to offer greater abrasion resistance while still possessing elevated oil resistance.
General Applications of Nitrile O Rings
Nitrile O rings are prevalent in numerous major industries like automobile, aerospace, marine, military, and more. Nitrile O rings manufacturers like Helix have stated about the use of the material apart from its usage in the mentioned industries.
- Nitrile O rings are used in off-road equipment.
- Nitrile O rings are extensively used in the marine, automotive, and aircraft industries.
- It is used in automotive transmission belts.
- Oil seals are major users of nitrile o rings
- Static and active hydraulic seals are finding the application of nitrile o rings helpful.
- Disposable non-latex gloves also use nitrile o rings.
It is to be noted, specifically for disposable gloves nitrile rubber is more immune than natural rubber to oils and acids, despite the fact that the latter offers higher adaptability.
Features of Nitrile O Rings Offered by Helix
Helix Engineering is a popular name in rubber products manufacturing. Our nitrile O rings comprise different features as stated below:
- Helix offers nitrile O rings in every possible size ranging from 1mm to 1000mm. This helps customers of every sort consider us before the purchase.
- Our nitrile O rings are designed with progressive technologies that resist oils and fuels.
- We offer tons of colour choices.
- Our nitrile O rings are available in the range of Hardness Shore A 40-90.
Helix has consistently met all customer and business demands over the past years. The major reason behind our fame is post-purchase services. We attend to every issue of the customers and try to resolve them as quickly as possible.